· 5 dl of cream (13%). Alternatively you can use 3 dl whole milk and 2 dl of cream.
· 1 tbs of FINE LIQUORICE POWDER (LAKRIDS BY BÜLOW).
· 120 g of sugar
· 7 pasteurised egg yolks
· 100-200 g of strawberry (you can use either fresh or frozen)
· 10 mint leaves
· Mint leaves
You can make this ice cream up until 2 days prior to serving
· In a pot, pour sugar, cream and LAKRIDS BY BÜLOW Fine Liquorice Powder and heat it up slowly until boiling and until the sugar has dissolved.
· In the meantime, put the egg yolks in a bowl and carefully whisk it together with the hot cream. Ad it little by little.
· Pour the whisked mass back into the pot and carefully heat it up to round about 84-85C degrees. Use a thermometer.
· When the cream starts to thicken, remove the pot from the heat. If you leave it for too long, it will become scrambled eggs!
· Lad the cream set for 10-15 minutes and pour it through a strainer. Place it in the fridge.
· Occasionally, stir the cream until it is completely cold.
· When the cream is completely cold, blend it with the strawberries and mint leaves. Blen until you have a smooth texture.
· Let the mass run on an ice cream machine until creamy and firm.
· Put the ice cream in the freezer until serving.
· Serve the ice cream with LAKRIDS BY BÜLOW STRAWBERRY & CREAM and fresh mint leaves on top!
TIP: You do not need to use an ice cream machine. Instead, you should put the ice cream in a bowl and place it in the freezer. Use a whisk to stir in the ice cream every 15 minutes until the ice cream is firm.